1. Readers are advised to use information available here as study guide only and use it at your own risk.
2. Please note that changes/ update based on updated information will be made from time to time, readers are advised to check on this page regularly.
3. Analysis was done based on available data at the time of this review being published.
4. This analysis is mainly curated for pre-selection. Details varies among developments, therefore, please read through our analysis in full before making comparison between developments.
The yet to be updated Google Earth apps which shown the neighbour, CityVue@@Henderson still under construction! We (hausanalyst) will be building both the Bukit Merah Ridge and CityVue@Henderson digital twin to help homeowners to better understand their risk and make informed decision.
Greenery (Bukit Merah) vs Glam (Rochor)
Maybe the 2 images above can give you an idea of why there’s a price disparity? Of course, these 2 images are taken from Hyde Park and Downtown London, maybe the park across Tiong Bahru Road can be better designed in the future!
But the idea is that:
1. Do you prefer to wake up to bird’s chirping or the bustling sound of the city?
2. Do you prefer to train your eyes at the greenery or the classy curtain wall?
3. Do you prefer to stay in a cooler surrounding or a scorching hot environment?
The research done and published by Cooling Singapore Committee back in June 30 2020 may give you a glimpse of what’s coming in terms of heat vulnerability in Singapore. The report can be obtained here: https://sec.ethz.ch/news-events/news/2020/07/an-urban-heat-vulnerability-analysis.html#:~:text=In%20the%20tropical%20city%20of,increase%20in%20temperature%20and%20precipitation.
PLH Bukit Merah, S$1,1150 psf (resale) vs S$770 psf (new launch)
The record-breaking resale unit which was transacted at S$1,400,000 is a 113 sqm 5R at City Vue@ Henderson which is just across Henderson Road which divided the 2 developments.
1. One can argue that you may not get a 5R anymore in this vicinity if all future launches come under PLH. Then again, is it justifiable to pay a S$380 psf premium (difference between the transacted psf vs the new launch psf) knowing that your next-door neighbours can only sell their units 10 years down the road (on top of the profit which the original homeowner have made from this transaction)?
2. Based on the above premium of S$380 psf, which for a 4R at 89sqm in the new launch, would translate to future upside of S$364,038.48 over 10 years (S$36,403.84 per annum). Generally (based on our data from SoBF price adjustments) the price adjustment for prime location is around S$20,000 per annum. Meaning the guy have paid additional premium of almost 80% more per annum!
3. There are 3 stacks of 5R units at City Vue@Henderson with a total of 135 units and up to 48 storey high. With the new launch (Bukit Merah Ridge) just across Henderson Road, 1 of this stack will have 50% of its downtown view blocked by the new launch. To date, only 4 units of 5R and 17 units of 4R have been transacted from this development.
If anyone requires an expert analysis on choosing a suitable BTO unit, Soon Ching is the person to go to. As first time home buyers who have the intention of staying in our BTO long-term, my partner and I decided to approach Soon Ching after reading about all the good reviews he has online. He was very responsive, and immediately scheduled a meeting with us. On the first meeting, we were impressed by how knowledgeable he is about our BTO project (River Peaks) and the industry as a whole. Soon Ching is a veteran architect who has many years of experience working in reputable firms, on both local HDB projects as well as projects abroad. This really assured us as we needed someone who could provide the expert advice and recommendations. We felt less alone and more supported for sure.
We were so delighted when he showed us the 3D model of our BTO project that he had built from scratch. This model also included upcoming projects around our BTO area, which might greatly affect the unit we eventually choose. He patiently explained the entire process of how he created the model, and we were impressed by how thorough the process was. In case you are wondering, this 3D model was constructed to 99% accuracy, based on official figures and information on our BTO site as well as upcoming developments around the area. We knew we could use this 3D model as an accurate guide for choosing our forever home.
On our second and third meeting, Soon Ching showed us the simulated view from our preferred units, using the 3D model. We have to admit, it is really difficult to imagine the view from our unit with a simple site plan. So the simulated view using the 3D model was extremely helpful in guiding us to shortlist the best units.
Beyond this, Soon Ching also gave us a very comprehensive written analysis on the different stacks in the project. This guide provided detailed essential information on sun exposure, wind direction, viewing angle, noise level and even supplementary information such as distance to lift and lift ratio. The guide also rated every stack based on the aforementioned attributes, and provided a final score for each stack. This can be really helpful when you are trying to narrow down your choices and pick the most ideal unit. Needless to say, we were very impressed once again.
All in all, the service Soon Ching provided was helpful and crucial in helping my partner and I select our BTO unit. We are very pleased with the unit we have selected, given the choices we have. If you are someone who is intending to have a consultant walk you through this process (which can sometimes be very stressful), Soon Ching is your best bet. Not only is he professional and knowledgeable, he is also very approachable. He answered all our queries promptly and confidently. My partner and I are very grateful for all the help he has rendered. To all who are have yet to select, we wish you all the very best!
Mr Clarence Wong | Education | River Peaks 4-rm 2022 via 'Rochor Nov 2021 BTO' telegram group chat
BUKIT MERAH RIDGE | GHIM MOH ASCENT |
KIM KEAT HEIGHTS | LAKESIDE VIEW |
Copyright © 2O22 email@example.com
An architect with 2 bachelor degrees. 15 years of industry related experience in Singapore, China and Malaysia. Designed for more than 10,000 units of completed residential property in Singapore, China and Malaysia including landed and non-landed alike. Designed for residential, healthcare, industrial and transportation oriented development (Finalist at World Architectural Festival 2014, Master planning; Won Singapore Institute of Planners Best Urban Design Project 2013). Completed projects including 1,010 units Punggol Topaz, Singapore, 2,290 units of landed and high-rise residential development in Xian, China, 4,236 units of high-rise residential development in Shenyang, China, 3,595 units of high-rise residential development in Chengdu, China and many more.