- Readers are advised to use information available here as study guide and use it at your own risk.
- Please note that changes/ update based on available information will be made from time to time, readers are advised to check on this page regularly.
- Analysis was done based on available data at the time of publishing of this review.
- As each and every unit has it's own attributes, analysis shown here only represent the majority units in the stacks having the same attribute including sun, wind, view, distance etc.
1. Based on our pricing analysis for Tampines Foliage 4-rm, there seems to be up to 8 stacks with the same stack pricing. These 8 stacks are stack 11, 13, 15, 31, 53 and another 3. Our (hausanalyst) analysis has shown that these 8 stacks have a score ranging from 15-21 out of total 28. Common sense would tell us that if these 8 stacks are being priced the same, it should all have the same attributes. Else, this finding would present a good bargain hunting! You are buying off plan property which means the development is not yet being built, but you can only sell it after the building is up and you have experience all the good and bad about the unit you are about to choose. If you can anticipate or accurately determine the eventual outcome earlier on, shouldn't it mean that you have eliminated most, if not all the risk attached to your investment and better still if it's for own stay?
2. Another 8 separate stacks have been analysed and noted to be more expensive than the 8 stacks above. These are stack 17, 45, 47, 49, 63, 65, 76 and 69. Based on our (hausanalyst) analysis, these stacks have a score in the range of 17-21 out of total 28. The price differences between these 8 stacks compare to the 8 above start from S$5,900. In other word, you can get something equal if not better at S$5,900 cheaper!
3. To illustrate a price difference between development with landscape deck and a normal MSCP (multi storey car park), we have recorded all the pricing for both Tampines Green Verge (landscape deck) and Tampines Green View (MSCP) which were launched back in August 2016. Average psf price for both Tampines Green Verge is at S$345.62 psf and Tampines Green View at S$337.03 psf which translate to a S$8.59 psf price premium for Tampines Green Verge. While in terms of construction cost, both are almost similar.
The same situation can be detected with Tampines Green Court (landscape deck) and Tampines Green Dew and Tampines Green Foliage (MSCP). Tampines Green Court was priced at average S$363.01 psf, while Tampines Green Dew at S$351.52 psf and Tampines Green Foliage at S$352.66 psf. The price premium for Tampines Green Court is at S$10.35 psf to S$11.49 psf.
In terms of sales of balance flat price adjustment (SoBF May 2018), Tampines Green Verge 4-rm has recorded an increase of S$27.47 psf to S$33.76 compare to Tampines Green View at S$17.48 psf to S$23.87 psf. In short, the perceived premium has always in development with landscape deck and the price appreciation more than enough to cover the price premium paid during the project launch.
Thank u (hausanalyst) for yr detailed (analysis), it was helpful in knowing what I'm getting instead of blind guessing or just knowing the very basic details"
It's quite overwhelming at first with all the data partly due to the project size. But thankfully there is ranking page which really helps with the decision... Happy that it helps us make an informed decision"
5. For wind exposure, our analysis on 5-rm stacks shows that 45% of the stack will have either one of the prevailing wind exposure while 17% of this 45% will depend on future surrounding condition like the arrangement of future surrounding blocks etc. Prevailing wind in Singapore was formed due to season changes in Northern hemisphere and Southern hemisphere. When Northern hemisphere enters winter season, air will move from North (China) towards South (Australia). During this time of the year, Singapore will experience prevailing wind from North to North East. The opposite situation will happen when the Southern hemisphere (Australia) enter winter whereby air will move from the Southern hemisphere to Northern hemisphere and when it reaches Singapore which is located along the equator, prevailing wind from South to South West will be formed. While prevailing wind pattern will dictate obvious wind movement, a localised situation like arrangement of buildings and local weather pattern will also affect local wind pattern.
Tampines Green Foliage is part of Tampines North, which is an extension of the present Tampines Town. Based on our stage 1 assessment, there will be estimated 47% of stacks having 3pm west sun exposure (note that this assessment is based on units having a standard horizontal shading device of at least 300mm to 600mm). Higher percentage of west sun exposed units will translate to higher risk of getting one should your queue number reaches half way point. We rate the west sun exposure for this development at 2 out of 4.
Based on recorded wind pattern data from the year 2017, we anticipate only up to 34% of the stacks here will get either 1 of the prevailing wind exposure either from North East, North to North West, South or South to South West. Future development to the East across Tampines Street 62 may reduce this potential. Prevailing wind exposure will allow the unit a good cross ventilation and allow healthier internal living space. Prevailing wind exposure is best facing the main façade where all the windows of Living and Bedrooms are facing. We rate the wind exposure for this development at 2 out of 4.
This development is sited almost 1km away from the nearest MRT station which is Tampines Station (DT32). In terms of transportation proximity, having a distance of 400m or less from an MRT station will be the best possible scenario as this coverage is what we considered as the gold mine. Proximity to LRT station will not equal to proximity to an MRT station as LRT only serve a small locality and eventually will need to connect to MRT for greater access to the whole Singapore. We rate the transportation proximity for this development at 1 out of 4.
Tampines Green Foliage is surrounded by residential area all around with site reserved for nursing home and place for worship formed small portion of this area. Amenities within a 500m walk from a development will allow better accessibility and save on travelling time. These amenities include schools, health care facility, commercial area and better still with a large green area like parks and waterbody to allow nearby residents to relax and exercise. At best, we will try to avoid proximity to industrial area, be it business 1 or 2, airbase, reserved site, etc. A reserved site in URA masterplan being defined as an area the specific use of which have yet to be determined. This will translate to future unforeseen risk to the development. We rate the surrounding proximity for this development at 3 out of 4.
Overall, we rate this development at 11 out of total 20.
1. Overall rating doesn't translate to all units within the development being classified as such. A lower rating will imply it will be more difficult to cherry pick a unit.
2. The above assessment only covers the present situation with available information by relevant agencies. Contact us at "firstname.lastname@example.org" to understand the in depth analysis to choose a unit by understanding not just the present, but also the anticipated future changes in the surrounding area.
Multi storey car park or commonly know as MSCP is a common feature in most of the older public housing estate and few of the newer estate. The main function of this structure is purely for residents or users to park their vehicles and recently it has been used as commercial area and other purpose at level 1. The most efficient way of designing this structure has been designing it in a split level condition where 1 side of the parking level is 1/2 a level higher than the other. Being a building which is not a livable space, usually it's been utilised as a buffer to shield off any unsightly building or infrastructure like MRT track, roads, etc which may affect the residents comfortability. MSCP as a stand alone building will take up precious land area which otherwise can be utilised as green space or provide a wider buffer in between building blocks.
All rights reserved. Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise), without the prior written permission of the copyright owner of this publication.