- Readers are advised to use information available here as study guide and use it at your own risk.
- Please note that changes/ update based on available information will be made from time to time, readers are advised to check on this page regularly.
- Analysis was done based on available data at the time of publishing of this review.
- As each and every unit has it's own attributes, analysis shown here only represent the majority units in the stacks having the same attribute including sun, wind, view, distance etc.
- The nearest point of this site to the Marsiling MRT starting from 450m diagonally. This development doesn’t form part of the recent Woodlands makeover, instead there will be an enhancement to the existing town garden which is a stone throw away from this development.
- Marsiling Grove is located within a mature estate, but surrounded by business 2 land use on the macro level. Immediately next door to the East will be the Marsiling Secondary School and across Marsiling Road to the North will be Woodlands Secondary School. Noise disturbance will be something to be taken into consideration.
- Based on URA Master plan 2014, this plot will not be the last in this immediate vicinity as there’s still more empty land to be developed surrounding the town park.
- This site was designed elongated along the north, south axis, meaning a rectangular shape in a vertical manner. With this (plot) design, the unit/ block arrangement can be easily arranged to face North or South to minimize the west sun exposure (note the term ‘minimize’, not totally omitting).
- Based on our preliminary analysis, this development consists of mostly 30 storey high building which will create a situation where the distance between blocks will be a concern, view between different level will have different impact on the homeowners, viewing angle will determine what kind of view you may get, the high blocks will create a tunnel effect which may contain and redistribute noise impact etc.
- The plot ratio of this plot of land was not clearly stated as it’s subjected to detailed planning which was what the Master plan 2014 indicated. Marsiling GreenView (South East of Marsiling Grove) with a plot ratio of 3.4 which was launched back in May 2014 will serve as a guideline on price movement since its launch.
- The site plan has shown a mixture of units facing schools, sideways of others (stacks) and also facing each other which may affect prevailing wind catchment and view potential. While certain block may seem destined to received prevailing wind, do remember that most of the surrounding old blocks are slab blocks which is almost 150m long flat wall! Eating house being placed in the North may bring unseen surprises as well!
"I'm so impressed that I can see the view from the unit itself, seems like level xx unit view is really blocked very badly... Even though is S$xx, xxx cheaper than xxxxx."
- The most obvious differences will come in 4-room type which offer either a household shelter next to the main entrance or next to the kitchen. The reason for this household shelter location is due to regulation constrain which needed a 2m wide all round r.c. slab surrounding the household shelter to ensure its strength is not being compromised during extreme conditions.
- The structural system has been rather rigid and the arrangement will not allow flexibility for future internal space alteration. While the long structural column was needed for a high rise building, a T-column should be considered to shorten the column between rooms to allow future space alteration when needs arise.
How to choose the better unit from this development?
- The common chatroom advice would ask you to go for the highest unit possible. While the fact that currently there’s a double roof on the topmost level is correct and somehow it does reduce (the word here is ‘reduce’, not totally omit!) heat transfer from above; one question remains, why till today, the 2 top most level still commands same price?
- Buyer needs to understand how to utilize the space or maximized it to suit different lifestyle. Different layout will yield different potential and different sizes will translate to different possibilities to the dining, living and kitchen area. A 3D layout will allow a better understanding of the space and furniture relationship. In short, you won’t want to be constrained by the unit layout.
- Different level and different location of unit will allow different view vista and potential. Human have 120 degree line of sight, to not maximize this limited advantage would be sad!
"There were many aspects of house selection which I wouldn't have known by just studying the information given by HDB. The analysis and advice given by Hausanalyst was very helpful for my flat selection, as the information has helped me in selecting the best unit out of those which are available. I also had the chance to do a VR walkthrough to visualize the space of the flat.
I am very glad to have engaged the service of Hausanalyst before I purchased my flat and highly recommend the personalized consultation service to all potential flat owners."
- Ms Lau (HR, satellite industry) | Bedok North Woods
All rights reserved. Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise), without the prior written permission of the copyright owner of this publication.