- Readers are advised to use information available here as study guide and use it at your own risk.
- Please note that changes/ update based on available information will be made from time to time, readers are advised to check on this page regularly.
- Analysis was done based on available data at the time of publishing of this review.
- As each and every unit has it's own attributes, analysis shown here only represent the majority units in the stacks having the same attribute including sun, wind, view, distance etc.
1. The nearest point from this site to the nearest LRT station (Bakau SE3) start from 350m diagonally. Those units within the 400m radius will be considered within walking distance based on planning parameter while those further away technically should get price discounts.
2. Being located next to the Seranggon Reservoir has its pros and cons. This development has been designed to maximize view towards the reservoir which indicates the premium will be reservoir view. Based on the perspective of the development (no stack plan which indicates building height has been released thus far as of 2/8, just to demonstrate that the lesser users know maybe better for the developer to sell!) Across the reservoir will be whole tract of land reserved for future industrial usage. No indication yet on the plot ratio, thus users won’t know how your unit will be affected in terms of view, space across the reservoir, wind quality, pollution potential etc. Nonetheless, we at www.hausanalyst.com do have a very good idea of how it will work out and how it will affect you and how you can avoid or take advantage of this situation!
3. Based on URA Master plan 2014, this plot will be the first plot in Sengkang planning area along Seranggon Reservoir to be developed. At least 6 more plots of land along this tract will be developed subsequently but no indication of which plot will be for private condo, EC or BTO and when they will be released other than within the next 2-3 years.
1. This site was designed to maximize the Serangoon Reservior frontage, meaning the selling point is on the reservoir itself. At a plot ratio 3.0 as stipulate under masterplan 2014 with height control of not more than 18 storey, the designer can only max up the space to fulfill the required number of units and sacrifice the spaces (distance) between building blocks. The crooked arrangement of building blocks clearly demonstrates this and this will also affect units exposure to west sun and view towards the reservoir.
2. Based on our preliminary analysis, there will be at least 55% of 4-rm and 5-rm stacks here will have exposure to west sun, which will induce heat into the Living Room and all bedrooms directly. Based on early rendering of the development and floor plans provided, the sun shade which may not be more than 30cm deep will not be able to perform its function throughout the day (shading the interior from west sun).
Note: we have updated our paid review with new measurement on view analysis. The view analysis will be based on human horizontal viewing angle (field of view) and viewing distance based on our accumulated study on BTO launches since 2010. This is the latest meta data which we have incorporated into our analysis report.
3. This development is similar to that of Waterway Sunrise I & II with staggered building blocks and variation on the windows opening and sizes (which resulted in many discrepancies between brochure and model in Waterway Sunrise II!) The staggered building blocks and window sizes will create variety of views from the unit and different building heights coupled with distance between building blocks will either block or limit the unit’s view towards the reservoir. In short, you are paying for a ‘view’ (which has been priced in), if you can’t get one, what’s the point of choosing a unit? (i.e. a seaview for a 5-rm facing the straits of Johor cost extra S$50,000!)
4. Part of this development will have direct connection to the one level car park with environmental deck above while block 170A and 170B will be connected to Eating House, supermarket and shops bellow. The location of the exhaust duct from the eating house will be crucial as fumes release (a.k.a char kuay teow smell!) may affect the units in this development. Restaurants spaces have been located at block 171A and open out towards the reservoir (Nice view for the patrons but bad for the home owners)!
1. In general, this development has a ‘standard’ layout which can accommodate future alteration with limitation cause by long columns at the edges of bedroom 2 and 3! The columns which you as the homeowners not allow to hack have been designed at the edge of both 2nd and 3rd bedrooms for 4-rm and 5-rm type units. This limitation will limit a 5 star hotel-like space flow should Master Bedroom need to be amalgamate (combine) with Bedroom 2.
2. For both 4-rm and 5-rm units, there will be 2 standard options of either having the household shelter next to the main entrance or next to the guess bathroom. Knowing which one to go for will allow a good idea of how you want your future home to be (rather than being dictated by unscrupulous renovation contractors!). We have been assisting home buyers who engaged us to simulate these options to imagine how these units will either affect or be an advantage to their future lifestyle. Balcony will be an add-on for those units with direct reservoir view. There will be 1 odd design for the 5-rm which the space function will very much depends on its location and surrounding.
How to choose the better unit from this development?
1. You need to look for a unit which allows reasonable wind flow, not having extra heat into your unit, having a good enough view since you have been priced for it, knowing the future plan of your immediate surroundings (across Serangoon Reservior) so there won’t be any pollution while you are leading a healthy lifestyle and maybe have that extra advantage of having views beyond the industrial area!
2. You will never find 2 units which are being designed and located equally in terms of sun exposure, wind exposure, viewing potential, distance to amenities, etc. Thus, pricing should reflect that and to get the best bargain in this digital age of big data with discreet cherry picking would be utilizing 3D simulation with inch-accurate model to achieve it.
3. As we have told all home owners who have engaged us, we are not clairvoyance by looking into the crystal ball and tell you what’s going on or what’s going to happen! We are data miners and that’s ‘meta data’ miner which we mine 1st hand meta data (not available to anyone and even consultants and developers don’t analyze all units) and help home owners look for good units (a.k.a mispricing)!
4. Based on our 1st home owner who engaged us, the amount paid to us has been translated to a 2,500% return (Based on minimum measurement of recent Sales of Balance Flats price).
All rights reserved. Without limiting the rights under copyright reserved above, no part of this publication may be reproduced, stored in or introduced into a retrieval system, or transmitted, in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording or otherwise), without the prior written permission of the copyright owner of this publication.